When it comes to painting your house, picking the right color for your walls is one of the most important things you can do. Even though there are many colors to choose from, white is always a classic and useful option. It can make an environment that is pure, simple, and elegant. Behr Blank Canvas vs White Dove by Benjamin Moore are two popular white paints that often come up in this situation.
In this article, we’ll explore the differences between these two shades, helping you make the best choice for your home and providing you with color combinations that go with these shades.
Behr Blank Canvas DC-003 is one of the Premium Plus Ultra line paints. It’s a white color that belongs to the warm white color family. Warm whites have hints of yellow or beige, making them great for making your home feel cozy and friendly.
One of the best things about Behr Blank Canvas is how well it covers. This paint is known for being able to hide flaws on your walls, giving them a smooth, shiny look. Behr Blank Canvas usually only needs one coat, even if you’re painting over a dark wall or a few small flaws.
On the other hand, White Dove OC-17 by Benjamin Moore, also known as PM-19, is known for its flexibility. This paint is a popular choice among homes because it has a soft, neutral undertone. It’s part of Benjamin Moore’s Off-White Collection, and people often describe it as a bright white with a hint of gray.
The best thing about White Dove is that it can adapt to different lighting situations. It can look brighter in places with a lot of light and warmer and cozier in places with less light. Because it can change colors like a chameleon, it can go in almost any room in your house. There are differences between White Duck Vs White Dove for you to understand better.
Now that we’ve looked at both Behr Blank Canvas and White Dove individually, let’s compare them in different aspects to help you make an informed decision:
- Behr Blank Canvas: This warm white paint has a little bit of green in it. Warm undertones give a place a feeling of coziness and can make it feel welcoming and comfortable.
- Benjamin Moore White Dove: White Dove, on the other hand, is a warm white with a touch of gray that makes it more neutral. Because it is neutral, it works well with a wide range of color choices. This makes it useful in a variety of design situations.
- Behr Blank Canvas: Behr Blank Canvas is known for its great coverage, and most of the time, you only need one coat to cover up flaws or make a shift from dark walls.
- Benjamin Moore White Dove: Even though White Dove also covers well, it may need a second coat when used on darker surfaces or when you want a perfect, even finish.
- Behr Blank Canvas: Depending on how much natural and artificial light there is in a room, Behr Blank Canvas may look a little bit brighter or more golden in well-lit rooms. You can use this trait to set different feelings.
- Benjamin Moore White Dove: White Dove is known for how well it can adjust to different light situations. It has a balanced look so that it can look crisp and bright in places with a lot of light and warmer and cozier in places with less light.
- Behr Blank Canvas: Because it has warm undertones and a cozy feel, Behr Blank Canvas is often chosen for rooms like bedrooms, living rooms, and dining rooms where warmth and relaxation are important.
- Benjamin Moore White Dove: White Dove’s flexibility makes it a good choice for almost any room in the house. It works just as well in kitchens, bathrooms, and living rooms.
- Behr Blank Canvas: This paint is great for making a room feel warm and cozy. It works well in rooms where warmth and comfort are important.
- Benjamin Moore White Dove: White Dove’s adaptability and neutrality make it a great choice for a wide range of design styles and goals. It can be used to make things look both old-fashioned and modern.
- Behr Blank Canvas: If you choose Behr Blank Canvas, consider putting it in earthy colors and furniture that make the room warm and inviting.
- Benjamin Moore White Dove: Because White Dove is neutral, it goes with a wide range of styles and color schemes. This makes it easier to match with your current furniture.
|Feature||Behr Blank Canvas||BM White Dove|
|RGB||R 241 G 237 B 225||R 240 G 237 B 228|
|Undertone||Warm yellow||Warm gray|
|Coverage||Excellent, often requires only one coat||Good, may require an extra coat on darker surfaces|
|Complementary Colors||Pairs well with earthy tones and warm colors||Complements both warm and cool color palettes|
Combining colors is an important part of design, no matter if you’re doing graphic design, home design, fashion, or something else creative. White Dove vs Decorator’s White can be a great choice for your color directory. With the right color combinations, you can make people feel different things, set different feelings, and make things look nice. Here are some popular color combos that work well:
- Monochromatic Harmony: Blank Canvas by Behr is a warm white with hints of brown. To make a monochromatic unity, pair it with different shades of warm neutrals like soft beige, light taupe, or even a hint of pale gray. With these two things together, the room will feel elegant and calm.
- Earthy Tones: Terracotta, sage green, and warm brown are all earthy colors that go well with Behr Blank Canvas. These colors make places feel warm and cozy, which is great for living rooms and bedrooms.
- Navy Blue Accents: If you want a striking difference, add navy blue accents like throw pillows, artwork, or furniture. The deep blue against the warm white of Behr Blank Canvas provides a modern and classic look.
- Gray and White Elegance: White Dove is easy to use because it has a bland undertone. Pair it with different shades of gray for a basic look that will never go out of style. Use lighter grays for a clean, modern look and darker grays for a more classic look.
- Navy Blue and White: Combine White Dove with navy blue for a look that is reminiscent of the beach. This mix is both fresh and nautical, so it works well in bathrooms, kitchens, and rooms with a beach theme.
- Warm Wood Tones: Warm wood tones like oak, walnut, or cedar go well with White Dove. You can add natural warmth and texture to your space using wooden furniture, floors, or accents.
The choice between Behr Blank Canvas and Benjamin MooreWhite Dove ultimately depends on your personal preferences and the specific needs of your space. Here are some tips to help you make a decision:
- Consider the Lighting: White Dove’s adaptability to different lighting conditions can be a big advantage if your space receives ample natural light. For dimmer rooms, Behr Blank Canvas’ warmth might be more suitable.
- Sample Testing: Always test a small area with sample paints before committing to a large project. This allows you to see how each paint looks in your specific space.
- Room Functionality: Think about the purpose of the room you’re painting. Behr Blank Canvas’ cozy warmth can work well in bedrooms, while White Dove’s neutrality is great for high-traffic areas like kitchens.
- Existing Decor: Consider your furniture and decor colors. Choose the paint that complements your existing items to create a cohesive look.
- Personal Style: Ultimately, trust your gut and choose the paint that resonates with your personal style and vision for your home.
Here are some additional tips for choosing a white paint color:
- Get samples of the colors you are considering and paint them on a wall in the room. This will help you see how the color looks in different lighting conditions.
- Consider the undertones of the other colors in the room. You want to choose a white paint color that complements, not clashes with the other colors.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. There are many different white paint colors available, so take some time to find the one that you love.
In the discussion between Behr Blank Canvas vs White Dove by Benjamin Moore, there is no one right answer. Both paints have their own traits and can make your home look better. It all depends on what you like, how bright it is, and what kind of mood you want to make. Whether you choose the warm embrace of Behr Blank Canvas or the flexible charm of White Dove, you’re on your way to making your space a canvas of timeless beauty. Happy painting!
S. Pushon is a paint expert, self-taught artist, and currently working as an adviser in the paint industry as a Quality Improvement and Development Assistant.
An artist by heart, he draws remarkable art pieces and as a professional paint industry individual, he seeks the insight and shares with enthusiasts. Read more…